MINUTES – MALLTRAETH YMLAEN Meeting
WEDNESDAY – 27 NOVEMBER 2019
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Chris Rogers (Secretary), Capell Aris, Peter Garbutt
APOLOGIES: Jude Williams, Kathleen Beavis, Hilary Cooke, Cllr Peter Rogers, Carole & Mike Germany, Jeff Hughes, Cei Jones, Helen Evans, Gwilym Davies, Glenys Jones, Julie Hinds, Eric Haworth, Gill Smith
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr B Owen
18+ residents in attendance
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 25 September 2019 & MATTERS ARISING: Tapestry prints on canvas 40” x 36” to be presented to community centres.
Minutes were approved as a true record of events and were unanimously accepted by the group.
POLICING: Apologies received from PCSO Alison Williams. Youngsters involved in community centre vandalism have been seen by the police. One admitted being involved and named the other. They are to be referred to the youth team.
COMMUNITY DEFIBRILLATOR: Quote for stainless steel cabinet with 10-year warranty £495 plus VAT and electrical connection. Malltraeth Ymlaen to donate £500 through Community Council who will be able to reclaim VAT
STATUTORY NOTICE OF INTENT: Double yellow line area is opposite surgery in Bethel between council houses upwards on right hand side. Malltraeth junction to David Street both sides of the junction. Objections by 12 December
FUTURE OF MALLTRAETH YMLAEN: Dafydd made the point that no funds have been raised this year. Each meeting we hold has a cost of £16 X 10 pa = £160 for centre hire plus annual insurance costs of £245 pa. Suggested a funding sub-committee be formed, Dafydd informed meeting that there is £1k grant available from National Lottery for celebrating events – deadline 2 pm 6 December and would need to be spent by February; if anyone was interested in applying. Dafydd also informed meeting that he would continue to be chairperson until April 2020.
WEBSITE: one upgrade and photos of flowers at Bodorgan station now on website.
COMMUNITY ISSUES: Cllr Bryan Owen – issues re caravan at Swn Y Mor to be referred to council formally. Issue raised about shortage of parking spaces at Morawelon. Suggested grass areas be covered by hardcore.
BODORGAN – FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- Every Thursday – 7 pm Bodorgan Community Bingo
- Every Saturday – 9 am Llanddwyn Parkrun – free inc. parking
- RVS lunch club, every other Tuesday (next lunch 7 January must pre-book)
- Bodorgan WI – first Tuesday in the month Crist Y Brenin
- Bodorgan ‘Over 50s’ – third Tuesday each month 2 pm
- Xmas event at Rhos – Elizabeth Lyon to provide information
- 29th November – Christmas tabletop sale community centre 10 am – 2 pm (all processed to Bodorgan Community Centre)
- Christmas Fair Crist Y Brenin Saturday 30th November 10 am to 12.30 pm
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Pat Dobbie - £50 voucher received from Huws Grey plus voucher from Tesco
- Pat Dobbie appealed for help to continue to run WI coffee mornings
- Christine Garbutt – Tapestry looks very good: too large for Community Centre now displayed at Ysgol Santes Dwynwen Newborough. Thanks, given to all those who had helped.
- Jude Williams arranging for banner to advertise centre available for hire
- Margaret Rarity-Hughes queried who would own centre if purchased – it would be owned by the Community Council. Asset Transfer document hopefully to be submitted to authority before Xmas. Discussion had taken place with Ashurst solicitors yesterday.
- It was proposed we have a memorial plaque in remembrance of Alwyn Rowlands
- 150 club to go ahead next year
150 CLUB DRAW 8
1st prize £30 No 268 Bev c/o Cerrig Iago
2nd prize £20 No 248 John Griffiths
3rd prize £15 No 349 Vanessa Davies
4th prize £15 No 219 Aled Loveluck
150 CLUB DRAW 9
1st prize £30 No 288 David Cooke
2nd prize £20 No 297 Elizabeth Lyon
3rd prize £15 No 323 Henri Hughes
4th prize £15 No 350 Karen Raffe
150 CLUB DRAW 10
1st prize £30 No 255 Ted Grundy
2nd prize £20 No 353 Milly Edwards
3rd prize £15 No 289 John Ellison
4th prize £15 No 294 Hilary Cooke
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING:
WEDNESDAY 22 JANUARY 2020 AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME