MINUTES – MALLTRAETH YMLAEN
WEDNESDAY 28 NOVEMBER 2018
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Jeff Hughes (Treasurer), Sheila Jones (Secretary),
Peter Garbutt, Alwyn Rowlands, Andrew Hughes, Eric Haworth.
APOLOGIES: Su Pearson, Dr & Mrs S Lyon, Carol & Mike Germany, Ann Perkins,
PCSO Alison Williams, Gwilym Davies, Chris Rogers, Cassie Long, Jean Foulkes,
Christine Garbutt, Glenys Jones.
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr B Owen, Cllr P Rogers.
9 residents in attendance.
Our best wishes are sent to Gwilym Davies who has recently suffered a mini stroke, but it is understood that he is recovering from this latest set-back.
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 24 OCTOBER 20-18 & MATTERS ARISING: Minutes were approved as a true record of events and were unanimously accepted by the group.
POLICING MATTERS: No representative of the NW Police available to attend.
COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET CONSULTATION: Cllr B Owen stated that, at present, it is unknown how much of a budget will be allocated to Anglesey County Council. A lengthy discussion arose regarding this issue, it was decided that Dafydd will write to the Council about their inefficiencies and ask about the cost of these consultations.
CHILDREN’S HALLOWEEN PARTY – REPORT: Ali and Judith reported that approximately 40 children attended on the evening. Thanks were given to Ali, Judith, Alan, Gill, Ceinwen and Chris for their efforts during the event. £67 was raised in donations on the night.
CHRISTMAS EVENT/SANTA’S GROTTO: Ali and Judith announced the date for Santa’s Grotto which would be Friday 14 December, at the Community Centre at 6 – 8.30pm. A gift will be provided for each child attending. Refreshments will be available.
PENSIONERS CHRISTMAS LUNCH: Tuesday 11 December – 12 noon for 12.30pm.
RESTORING COMMUNITY WEBSITE: The website needs a complete overhaul. Dafydd to discuss with Charles Harvey.
150 CLUB FOR 2019?: Unanimous “Yes” by the group to continue in 2019.
COMMUNITY/COUNTY COUNCIL ISSUES:
- Dafydd reported that the County Council are providing 3 new Bus Shelters – one each at Malltraeth, Hermon and Bethel. Another shelter was suggested to be sited opposite Y Rhos Residential Home.
- The two Councillors were thanked for all their work with the group. Cllr P Rogers was also thanked for laying a poppy wreath at the Cenotaph in Llangefni.
- Parking near Bethel Surgery – It was mentioned that double yellow lines could soon be placed outside the Surgery on the right hand corner near to Carreg Ceiliog Bach access road.
- Posts are still in situ at Swn-y-Môr, Malltraeth. The matter is still being investigated.
- Car parking at Bodorgan Railway Station – This matter has been reported to the County Council by Cllr B Owen, and they, in turn, have reported it to Network Rail.
GROUP ADMIN MATTERS:
- Dafydd stated that the Insurance Renewal has been paid last week (£83.65), Enployer’s Liability (to cover volunteers and events) and also Public Liability included in the price. Insurance for Bouncy Castles was discussed, but, as the School still belongs to the County Council at present, we cannot approve this at this point. As a general rule, cover is in place if accompanied by an insured competent person.
- Bank Account – Barclays Bank have sent a form to fill in by Dafydd as our group is not a Society. Dafydd has written to them and is awaiting a reply.
BODORGAN – FORTHCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS:
- Every Thursday – 7pm Bodorgan Community Bingo
- Saturday 1st December – Christmas Fair at Crist-y-Brenin Church, Malltraeth. 10 am to 12 noon.
- Tuesday 11 December – Pensioners Lunch – 12 noon for 12.30 pm
- Friday 14 December – Santa’s Grotto – Community Centre 6.30 pm
- Sunday 23 December – Crist-y-Brenin, Malltraeth – Service of Christmas Readings and Carols at 4.30 pm
150 CLUB DRAWS 8, 9 & 10:
1st prize £30 No 262 Jane Norman Phillips, Riverside Café, Malltraeth
2nd prize £20 No 220 Phillip Snow, Beach Cottages, Malltraeth
3rd prize £20 No 319 Cllr Brian Owen
1st prize £30 No 313 Ceinwen Jones, Morlais, Malltraeth
2nd prize £20 No 281 Alistair Lyon, Ardraeth, Malltraeth
3rd prize £20 No 334 Joan Ryder, 4 Beach Cottages, Malltraeth
1st prize £30 No 266 Gareth Owen, Sarn, Bethel
2nd prize £30 No 339 Ceri Hughes, Treflan, Bethel
3rd prize £20 No 292 Brian Beard, 2 Allt Feirian, Hermon
4th prize £20 No 353 Linda West, Old School, Bethel
5th prize £20 No 299 Julian Lyon, Ardraeth, Malltraeth
6th prize £20 No 347 Megan Humphries, Tegfryn, Malltraeth
7th prize £20 No 251 Endaf Parry, Bryn-y-Môr, Malltraeth
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Dafydd has received an e-mail from a parent of a child who is seeking to do voluntary work with the elderly, (gardening or reading to them), this child is at present, participating in the Duke of Edinburgh Award scheme.
- A local resident stated that Peter Davies of the Llangefni Rotary Club is having a free showing of a film at the Town Hall, Llangefni, on Sunday, 2 December at 2 pm, where a charitable collection will be made.
- Eric Haworth mentioned that there is an exercise class for those aged 50+ in the Town Hall, Llangefni. Eric is investigating as to whether the Borodgan community could have these classes at our own Community Centre on Monday mornings 10 – 11 am, and for the participants to pay the cost. Eric is unsure at the moment as to who organises these classes at Llangefni. At least 17 participants needed in order to pay for the Instructor and the hire of the Community Centre.
- New dates for the tapestry meetings for the New Year are as follows – 14 January; 21 January; 28 January; 11 February. Meetings held at the Community Centre 2 – 4.30 pm.
- Ali stated that a photograph following the Remembrance Service at the Llangefni Cenotaph was taken and is now online at Malltraeth Ymlaen’s facebook page. Ali also mentioned that the WW1 remembrance plaque from Sardis Chapel is missing. If found, what can we do with it? Dafydd knows where this plaque is being kept at present.
- Judith mentioned that Santa and his sleigh will be around the Bodorgan area on the evening of 21 December.
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING:
WEDNESDAY 23RD JANUARY 2019 AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME