MINUTES – MALLTRAETH YMLAEN
WEDNESDAY 24 OCTOBER 2018
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafytdd Jones (Chairman), Jeff Hughes (Treasurer), Sheila Jones (Secretary), Peter Garbutt, Eric Haworth, Alwyn Rowlands, Capel Aris.
APOLOGIES: Su Pearson, Ann Perkins, Gwilym Davies, Andrew Hughes, Peter Hughes, Carol & Mike Germany, Pat & Tony Dobbie, Glenys Jones, Vicky Harvey, Christine Garbutt, Hilary Cooke.
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr B Owen, Cllr P Rogers
14 other residents in attendance
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 26 SEPTEMBER 2018 & MATTERS ARISING: Minutes were approved as a true record of events and were unanimously accepted by the group.
- Community Centre – A structural survey should be carried our next Friday. It was noted that the local authority has not as yet, replied to our Solicitors’ letter which was sent last September.
- Traffic Mirrors – This matter is now resolved.
POLICING MATTERS: No representative available to attend.
PENSIONERS LUNCH CLUB (OVER 50’S): This club has 9 members. Anyone interested in joining to contact Megan Humphreys or Dafydd. The club meets at Bodorgan School on alternate Tuesdays and enjoy a meal provided by Llys Llewelyn, Aberffraw.
AUTUMN CONCERT 26 OCTOBER: This concert has been cancelled and it is hoped to rearrange the event for March 2019.
PENSIONERS CHRISTMAS LUNCH UPDATE: This event will be held on Tuesday 11 December at the Community Centre. Names to be directed to Dafydd Jones.
BLAKEMORE FOUNDATION: Donation in Kind received for Halloween Disco (£40) and for the Santa’s Grotto (£50).
HALLOWEEN & CHRISTMAS EVENTS UPDATE: Ali and Judith reported that the Halloween Disco at the Community Centre will commence at 6.15 pm until 8.15 pm, on Thursday next. The Christmas Santa’s Grotto will be held on Friday 14 December, also at the Community Centre, and will start at 6.30 pm.
WALES NATIONAL REFERRAL SCHEME UPDATE: Sessions can be held at the Community Centre if 10 or more individuals are interested. Dafydd has been unable to contact the person in charge as yet.
LEASE OF SHIPPING CONTAINER UPDATE: The rental lease has now been signed. At present, the container is part full of items belonging to the School and these will have to be removed.
- The roadway past Crist-y-Brenin Church at Malltraeth, is a public highway. It was reported that posts have been put up on the council owned grassed area in front of Swn-y-Môr. The posts are blocking a “right of way”. Cllr B Owen will report this issue to the local authority.
- A local resident asked the Committee is anything can be done regarding the car park at Bodorgan Railway Station. There is only room for 2 vehicles to park there at present, as a number of other vehicles have been parked in the rest of the car park for some time. Cllr B Owen to investigate.
- It was reported by a member of the group that there are a number of vehicles parked in a field near Sain Gôg, Bodorgan. The gates to this field appear to be locked and the area also had barbed wire placed around the gates. Cllr B Owen will look into this issue.
BODORGAN – FORTHCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS:
- Every Thursday – 7pm – Bodorgan Community Bingo
- Rabbit Show – 10 November – Community Centre
- Every Saturday – Park Run – Llanddwyn Car park [Free event]
- Christmas Fair – Crist-y-Brenin Church, Malltraeth, Saturday 1 December – 10am – 12 noon
- Pensioners Christmas Lunch – Tuesday 11 December – Community Centre
BODORGAN 150 CLUB – DRAW 7:
1st prize £30 No 209 Peter Hughes, Can-y-Coed, Malltraeth
2nd prize £20 No 264 Dafydd Roberts, 31 Morawelon, Malltraeth
3rd prize £20 No 215 Cliff Basterfield, 3 Beach Cottages, Malltraeth
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Peter Garbutt asked the group if we should place a poster outside the School to advertise space available for community event
- Alwyn Rowlands enquired if the group could place a poppy wreath at the War
Memorial at Crist-y-Brenin Church on Remembrance Sunday to mark the centenary of the end of WW1. It was also suggested that the plaque of remembrance of WW1 removed from Sardis Chapel be placed at Clwt Glas Picnic area, and that future poppy wreaths could be placed there, together with a small service every year. Cllr. Peter Rogers will lay a wreath on behalf of Malltraeth Ymlaen at the Llangefni Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday.
- Broadband – Capel Aris reported that the Community Scheme to connect overhead fibre optic wires for broadband at Paradwys has been given an estimated cost of £93,000. This estimate overlooked the existence of a fibre cable already in place. A manual inspection of Paradwys will be carried out shortly, and it is hoped that a cheaper estimate will be made.
- First Aid Manual/Accident Book – These are now in the cupboard in the Community Centre.
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING:
WEDNESDAY 28 NOVEMBER 23018 AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME