MALLTRAETH YMLAEN MINUTES
WEDNESDAY 26 OCTOBER 2016
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Sheila Jones (Secretary), Gwilym Davies,
Eric Haworth, Peter Garbutt, Andrew Hughes.
APOLOGIES: Hilary Cooke, Olwen Chera, Helen Evans, Gareth Evans, Chris Rogers, Vanessa Coldwell, Endaf Parry, Jeff Hughes, Peter Hughes, Ali Rowlands, Dr & Mrs S Lyon, Rachel Sayer, Christine Garbutt, Henri Hughes, Richard Coe, Ann Perkins.
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr Peter Rogers
14 residents in attendance.
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 28 SEPTEMBER 2016 & MATTERS ARISING: Minutes were accepted as a true record with corrections applied.
BROADBAND CABLE SPEEDS: Capell Aris reported that the Superfast Broadband Speed Scheme for Anglesey has now been completed. The Welsh Assembly have no instigated a new scheme – Access Broadband Cymru (ABC) to assist people who do not have a superfast connection. For more information on broadband speeds and for a voucher system to assist those who are unable to achieve more than 10 Mbps via superfast, please visit http://gov.wales/topics/science-and-technology/digital/infrastructure/superfast-broadband/?lang=en for more information. Capell was thanked for his report.
FOURTEEN PROGRAMME: An application for £6,260 has been submitted. Result should be received next Tuesday.
COMMUNITY WEBSITE: Dafydd has found out that our website has disappeared. He has contacted Menter Môn and the website should be back up and running soon.
NEW BRO ABERFFRAW SUPERSCHOOL: Before submitting the application for Planning Permission, Cllr Peter Rogers stated that he had concerns regarding the amount of teaching staff available for the new Superschool. It appears that there are less teachers in schools now than ever before, and this should be addressed before the opening of the new Superschool.
BETHEL ROAD IMPROVEMENT SCHEME: We are still waiting for a response from Cllr Ann Griffith who promised to investigate this issue and also to provide us with drawings and maps for the scheme. Cllr P Rogers will look into the matter.
RESPONSE FROM COUNTY COUNCIL:
- Dafydd read out the letter which he forwarded to the Council Leader regarding the new refuse collections. We are still waiting for a reply.
- “Pay & Display at Cable Bay – Dafydd has previously explained the position at our last meeting regarding the Planning application decision. After discussion, it was agreed by all present to refer the issue to the Ombudsman.
CHRISTMAS EVENTS: Peter Garbutt will confirm an event at our next meeting.
HALLOWEEN DISCO: This event will take place on Monday 31 October – 6.15pm until 8.15pm courtesy of Alwyn & Judith.
PENSIONERS CHRISTMAS LUNCH: This event will take place on Tuesday 13 December – 12 noon for 12.30pm. Names required as soon as possible.
VIDEO PROJECT: This is in the process of being edited.
COMMUNITY ISSUES: It was reported that 7,000 Anglesey households have received trolley recycling boxes as part of a trial being run by the County|Council.
BODORGAN FORTHCOMING EVENTS:
Every Thursday – Bodorgan Community Bingo 7pm
Saturday 3rd December – Christmas Fair at Crist-y-Brenin, Malltraeth – 10am until12.30pm
Pensioners Christmas Lunch – Tuesday 13 December – 12 noon for 12.30pm
BODORGAN 150 CLUB – DRAW 7:
1st prize £30 No 309 Tom Roberts, Gallt-Y-Balch, Bodorgan
2nd prize £20 No 318 Les Schofield, Trefle, Malltraeth
3rd prize £20 No 287 Carolynne Evans, Fferam, Paradwys
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Complaints regarding a loudspeaker playing loud music in the early hours of the morning at Ty Canol, Malltraeth. Dafydd will give Mrs Beavis a contact address to forward any further complaints.
- The Red Squirrel Trust are worried regarding a virus affecting Red Squirrels. A few of them have been found dead in the area. For further information, please contact 01407 840396.
- Peter Garbutt reported that the Spirit of 14 – Creative Art Workshops are presently on-going in the area. Disappointing attendance at all locations and appealed for more to attend.
- Peter Garbutt will forward a letter to the County Council regarding part of
Cllr A Griffith’s duties and, in particular, her lack of attendance at our meetings.
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING
WEDNESDAY 23 NOVEMBER 2016 AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME