MINUTES – MALLTRAETH YMLAEN

WEDNESDAY 27 JUNE 2018

A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.

PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Sheila Jones (Secretary), Peter Garbutt,

Capell Aris.

APOLOGIES: Cassie Long, Margaret Rarity-Hughes, Peter Hughes, Dr & Mrs S Lyon,

Julie Hind, Ann Perkins, Judith Williams, Alwyn Rowlands, Gwilym Davies, Hilary Cooke, Carol & Mike Germany, John & Vanessa Davies, Andrew Hughes.

CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr B Owen, Cllr P Rogers, PCSO Alison Williams

14 residents in attendance

 

MINUTES OF MEETING & AGM HELD 23 MAY 2018 & MATTERS ARISING:

Minutes were approved as a true record o events and unanimously agreed by the group.

  • The £300 donation to the School (previously agreed upon by the group has been increased to £350. All present agreed.

APPOINTMENT OF OFFICERS 2018/19: All officers re-elected.  Sheila Jones will carry

on as Secretary for a further 12 month period.

A55 IMPROVEMENTS – CONSULTATION: Consultations are now open for the proposed Llanfairfechan and Puffin roundabouts.  Dafydd explained all options for both roundabouts.  More information available online on the Welsh Assembly website.  Dafydd will write and give our group’s opinions on the consultation options.

HIGHWAY ISSUES:

  • Bethel – visibility at Bryn Poeth junction is poor, hedge is overgrown and is causing visibility problems.
  • Crumbling wall leaving large stones in the roadway adjacent to Dewis Dyddyn near Bethel. Cllr B Owen and Cllr P Rogers to deal with this issue.
  • Need to re-set the traffic mirrors after high winds at Malltraeth (near the bridge) and opposite Ty’n Lon road. On-going talks taking place regarding a traffic mirror for Hermon.

COMMUNITY DAY 2018/REPORTS & COMMENTS: Dafydd thanked everyone for their help on the day.  The Fun Day was the last one that we are likely to do, as after March 2019, we will have no connection with the School.  Evening concert was well attended and supervision on the ticket gate is required in future.

INDOOR CONCERT – SEPTEMBER?: It is hoped to have Gwen Edwards back, together with another act for a concert in September.

POLICING ISSUES: PCSO Alison Williams was welcomed to the meeting.  Mr Muir of Bryn Poeth stated that people are fly tipping on his land near the footpath parallel to the railway line. His wall keeps being knocked down during the fly tipping, despite being constantly repaired

VIDEO EVENING: A date is to be set in September to view the video that the 5 local Schools made recently.

COMMUNITY ISSUES:

  • An enforcement notice has been served on the Landlord of the caravans sited at the rear of the Garage between the |School and Malltraeth. It is believed that the caravans are to be removed.
  • New Super School, Newborough – March 2019 is the opening date for this School. It is believed that not many pupils will be attending this School from Bodorgan.
  • It was reported by two local cyclists that the back road past the entrance to the Bodorgan Estate to Aberffraw is in a really bad state with many large pot holes. Cllr B Owen to investigate.
  • Capell Aris asked about the state of the outbuildings at the Bodorgan Railway

BODORGAN FORTHCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS:

  • Every Thursday – 7pm Bodorgan Community Bingo
  • Parkrun every Saturday at Llanddwyn Car Park
  • Llangefni Carnival, Saturday 7 July. 30 am start.

150 CLUB – DRAW 5:

1st prize            £30      No 260                        Su Pearson, Cwtrwm,, Hermon

2nd prize           £20      No 285                        Janet Haworth, Bayfield, Malltraeth

3rd prize           £20      No 201                        Capell Aris, Tyddyn Valentine, Trefdraeth

ANY OTHER BUSINESS:

  • Dafydd asked the group should we go ahead with the Pensioners Christmas Lunch in December – “YES” was the unanimous reply.
  • A local resident mentioned that there is a large amount of litter between Balaclava Cottage and Bethel.
  • Capell Aris – Broadband – Nothing new to report.
  • Peter Garbutt would like to have a “no through road” sign underneath the new Lôn Cae Calad sign. Large vehicles travelling on this road cannot turn around at the end of it, consequently, they have to reverse all the way back into the main road.  Cllr B Owen will check on this.
  • WI are looking after the flower planters at the Bodorgan Railway Station and are waiting for a storage box from Arriva – they are having no response to their e-mails to Arriva regarding delivery of this box. Dafydd told them to contact the Property Department of Network Rail.

DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING

WEDNESDAY 25 JULY 2018 AT 7.00 PM

BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE

ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME