MINUTES – MALLTRAETH YMLAEN
WEDNESDAY 25 JULY 2018
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Sheila Jones (Secretary), Peter Garbutt, Eric Haworth, Alwyn Rowlands, Gareth Evans, Helen Evans.
APOLOGIES: Ann Perkins, K Beavis, H Cooke, Gwilym Davies, Capell & Mary Aris, Andrew Hughes, Cllr P Rogers, Diane & Keith Harrison.
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr Brian Owen
30 residents in attendance
Dafydd stated that Gwilym Davies of Hermon, was back in Hospital, and we wished him a speedy recovery. Jean Foulkes and Barbara (Y From, Bethel), are both going into the Hospital next week. Our best wishes to both ladies.
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 27 JUNE 2018 & MATTERS ARISING: Minutes were approved as a true record of events and unanimously accepted by the group.
POLICING MATTERS: No representative of the NW Police available to attend.
- Bethel visibility at Bryn Poeth junction – Hedge has still not been cut.
- Crumbling wall adjacent to Dewis Dyddyn – Nothing new to report to date.
- Visibility Mirrors – Still need re-setting.
- Maes Glas, Bethel – Dafydd reported that an accident had recently occurred near Maes Glas; fortunately, no one was injured. The “Pedestrian Walking” sign was broken due to the incident and needs replacing immediately.
- Pot holes on Bodorgan Estate road to Aberffraw – Cllr B Owen has been told by the Highways Department that the Bodorgan Estate should repair the road themselves. It was stated that this is not a private road, but a public highway, and therefore should be repaired by the Highways Department.
- Maes Glas, Bethel, and pavement – It was reported that one landowner has not yet given permission for this.
PURCHASE OF SHIPPING CONTAINER: Dafydd suggested that the group purchase this container to store our own equipment when it becomes available for sale. It is owned by Môn Caravan and hired to the school at present. Purchase agreed.
INDOOR CONCERT – OCTOBER: It is still hoped that this event will take place in October.
WHERE/WHAT NEXT (Open Forum): Deferred to next meeting.
PENSIONERS CHRISTMAS LUNCH: Unknown if this will take place this year. Dafydd to make enquiries.
- Bodorgan School was closed by the Education Department last Friday. Dafydd gave all present the background to the sequence of events to the closure of the School, which happened in the last 10 days. A subsequent meeting had taken place with the School Governors, and Cllr B Owen thanked Christine Rogers, Alwyn Rowlands and Dafydd for attending this meeting. A discussion arose with many mixed views on the closure of the School. There is nothing we can do now that the School has been closed, and our priority now is that of acquiring the building as a Community Centre for all of the Bodorgan area.
- Peter Garbutt had attended a recent meeting at the local authority offices and had seen how hard our local Councillors work in trying to get our local issues heard at these meetings. They are to be applauded for their efforts under difficult circumstances as they are only allowed to speak for 5 minutes.
- Fly Tipping – It was stated that fly tipping had taken place in the garden of a residence on The Drive, Malltraeth. They were informed to contact the local authority for its removal.
- A resident stated that she has made an official complaint to the local authority regarding static caravans being placed at the rear of Tyddyn Botwm. Cllr P Rogers is investigating this problem.
BODORGAN FORTHCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS:
Eerry Thursday – Bodorgan Community Bingo – 7pm
Every Saturday 9am – Llanddwyn Parkrun/walk
Sept 1- Strawberry Tea in aid of Breast Cancer – Gwel Ynys
1st £30 No 248 Dilwyn Jones, c/o Bodorgan School
2nd £20 No 214 M Williams, Plas Marian, Trefdraeth
3rd £20 No 358 Aled Roberts, Shaibah, Malltraeth
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Tapestry Project on a break during August and will continue in September.
- Street light in Hermon has been off for the last month. Local authority has been informed.
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING:
WEDNESDAY 26 SEPTEMBER 2018 AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME