MINUTES – MALLTRAETH YMLAEN
WEDNESDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2015
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Jeff Hughes (Treasurer), Sheila Jones (Secretary), Peter Garbutt, Helen Evans, Gareth Evans, Gwilym Davies, Rachel Sayer, Andrew Hughes, Ann Perkins.
APOLOGIES: Cllr A Griffith, Aled Roberts, Glenys Jones, Eric Howarth, Peter Hughes,
Margaret Rarity-Hughes, Vanessa Caldwell, Julie Hind, Dr & Mrs S Lyon.
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr P Rogers.
17 residents in attendance.
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 25 NOVEMBER 2015 & MATTERS ARISING: Minutes were proposed and seconded by many in attendance as a true record.
- Road improvements at Bethel proposed to start in 2016.
POLICING MATTERS: No representative available to attend, but Dafydd reported that our concerns regarding speeding vehicles are being dealt with. Owl Messaging – Dafydd will respond on our behalf as a group to an e-mail received recently.
FUTURE OF THE COMMUNITY CENTRE: Nothing new to report to date. Dafydd had received an e-mail from the Solicitors stating that he should have something to report by next Monday evening. Dafydd explained to all present that the Community Centre Management Committee met recently and have discussed proposals to find new premises.
COUNTY COUNCIL BUDGET – COUNCIL TAX INCREASE 4.5%: A discussion arose regarding this subject, also on the budget cuts proposed by the Council. A local resident stated that the Council have arranged a meeting for residents to attend to discuss the proposed cuts on 12 December at Newborough. Dafydd will write to the Council with our objections to the Council Tax increase.
CAROL SINGING: This will take place on 22 December. If weather is really bad, a suggestion was made to have the carol singing inside Crist-y-Brenin Church, Malltraeth.
RENEWAL OF INSURANCE COVER: Insurance cover runs out on 20 December. The subsidised renewal premium is £70 for the next year, payable to Keep Wales Tidy.
SPIRIT OF 12 – 14/RPD PROPJECTS: A local resident asked if we could have minutes of the Spirit of 12 – 14 meetings, Dafydd replied that there is another Panel meeting next Monday evening. Concerns were expressed about the lack of information about the project.
CURRY NIGHT 2016: It was decided to carry on with this event.
PENSIONERS CHRISTMAS LUNCH 2015: Everything is in hand for this event which takes place on Wednesday 15 December.
150 CLUB FOR 2016: It was decided to carry on with the 150 Club for next year.
ANGLESEY NATIONAL EISTEDDFOD 2017: There had been a meeting arranged last night at this centre for Aberffraw and Bodorgan residents to discuss this subject. It was reported that not one person had attended.
- Dogs let loose in a garden at Malltraeth.
- A new traffic mirror has been placed opposite a property further up than Ty’n Lon lane, but we are still not allowed to have one from the car park near the bridge at Malltraeth. Both mirrors appear to be LA fixtures.
1st prize £30 No 330 Rhian, Coedlys, Malltraeth
2nd prize £20 No 205 Idris Prytherch, Malltraeth
BODORGAN – FORTHCOMING COMMUNITY EVENTS:
Friday 27 November – Bodorgan School Christmas Fair – 3.30pm
Saturday 5 December – Christmas Fair, Eglwys Crist-y-Brenin, Malltraeth 10am – 12 noon
Wednesday 15 December – Bodorgan Pensioners Lunch, Community Centre 12 for 12.30pm
Wednesday 15 December – Red Squirrel Talk, Eglwys Bach, Newborough
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Local Government reorganisation. Dafydd reported that consultation was now underway. Two options are proposed for North Wales – either two or three authorities. Following extensive discussions, it was clear that the majority favoured the two authority model, and Dafydd to respond on behalf of the group.
- Thanks were given to Ali and Judith for the Halloween Disco, and also to Ceinwen and Christine for their assistance during the event.
- It is understood that another application has been made by Bodorgan Estate for another solar park in Soar.
- Craft Fair, Aberffraw – 27 & 28 November at 10.30am – 4pm, at the Village Hall, Aberffraw.
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING:
WEDNESDAY 27 JANUARY 2016 AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE
ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME