MINUTES – MALLTRAETH YMLAEN AGM WEDNESDAY – 22 MAY 2019
A warm welcome was given by the Chairman to all residents and guests who attended the meeting.
PRESENT: Dafydd Jones (Chairman), Peter Garbutt, Eric Haworth, Andrew Hughes, Helen Evans, Gareth Evans, Sheila Jones, Ann Perkins
APOLOGIES: Mary Bulmer, Gwilym Davies, Capel Aris, Cei Jones, Jean Foulkes, Cassie Long, Judith Williams, Keith Harrison, Jeff Hughes, Su Pearson, Aled Roberts
CO-OPTED MEMBERS: Cllr B Owen, Cllr P Rogers
17+ residents in attendance
MINUTES OF MEETING HELD 24 APRIL 2019 & MATTERS ARISING: Matters arising – Peter Garbutt felt that the Deputy Leader of the Council Ieuan Williams who had attended the LAST meeting with the Leader of the Council Llinos Medi Hughes had misled the meeting. Ieuan Williams had stated to the meeting that he did not take his salary as a councillor, however he accepts his basic councillor salary it is his Deputy Leader salary that he does not take. It was felt that he has a conflict of interest being both a councillor and the Chief Executive of Cynnal. Cllr Bryan Owen had made a formal complaint about this conflict, however the authority monitoring officer deemed there was nothing to answer to.
Minutes were approved as a true record of events and were unanimously accepted by the group.
REPORT OF CHAIR & MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE – previously circulated. Dafydd reported that a picnic table owned by Malltraeth Ymlaen via a grant had been stolen. The theft is to be reported to the police. [Dafydd has located the Table and it will be returned]
TREASURER’S REPORT – previously circulated. Presented by Dafydd due to Treasurers absence. Had been a mistake of £0.04. Now corrected. Dafydd to circulated corrected accounts. Accounts unanimously accepted.
NOMINATIONS – Andrew Hughes, Sheila Jones, Peter Garbutt re-elected onto management committee. Dafydd and Andrew Hughes proposed Chris Rogers join Management Committee.
- Secretary – Chris Rogers
- Treasurer – Jeff Hughes
- Vice-Chair – Sheila Jones and Ann Perkins
- Community Centre – Dafydd Jones
- Medrwn Mon – Andrew Hughes
- Local Access Forum – Eric Haworth
CONCERT JULY: Judith and Dafydd organising. Judith still awaiting reply from one musician before confirming date.
VOLUNTEERS EXERCISE CLASS: Create rota to set up, collect money and clear up. Beginning Monday 17 June, class 2 pm – 3 pm open up 1.45 pm to set up. Rota includes:
- Chris Rogers
- Gill & Allan Smith
- Maralyn Davies
- Peter Garbutt
COMMUNITY DONATION: Hogan Group have donated £500 towards Malltraeth Ymlaen costs, the seventh year of their support to this group. Dafydd to send a formal letter of thanks
- Meeting thanked Bryan Owen for his work on securing bus shelter in Malltraeth
- Henry made meeting aware of the lack of dropped kerbs – bus shelter Malltraeth, Malltraeth side of road coming from Crist Y Brenin, No dropped kerb by bus stop opposite side of road by Capel Sardis entrance. Cllr Bryan Owen to pursue.
EVENTS & FUTURE IDEAS:
Forth coming events:
- Friday 31st May, Coffee Morning, Community Centre 10 am - 12 pm
- Every Thursday, Community Bingo, Community Centre – 7 pm.
- Every Saturday, Llanddwyn Parkrun, Free including parking – 9 am
- July – date to be arranged, Evening Concert
- Starting Monday 17 June exercise classes for older citizens – 2 pm – 3pm
- RVS lunch 4 June 12 pm and every other Tuesday
ANY OTHER BUSINESS:
- Suggested by several members that we pursue holding a car boot in the field to raise funds. No licence needed as we are sufficiently far enough away from Llangefni.
150 CLUB DRAW 3
1st prize £30 No 321 Peter Garbutt
2nd prize £20 No 290 Dennis Day
3rd prize £15 No 226 Shirley Jones
4th prize £15 No 276 Linda West
DATE & TIME OF NEXT MEETING: WEDNESDAY 26 JUNE 2019 AT 7.00 PM
BODORGAN COMMUNITY CENTRE, ALL RESIDENTS WELCOME