This section shows some photographs of the Cob breached in 1924,documents relating to the Mission School and more.
Note the tramway in the far right of this picture
Another picture of one of the work gangs repairing the cob.
Identity cards were issued after the National Registration Census had recorded
particulars of every citizen in the country in September 1939. This was undertaken
ahead of, and instead of the scheduled Census which was to be held in 1941.
The card contained the name, address and personal registration number, and
for adults,a signature, and was used as the basis for national conscription and
for the issue of ration books. The cards for adults were blue in colour, and as
above for all children under the age of 16 years old. They had to be carried at
all times and produced to a Police Officer in uniform or a member of the Home
Guard on duty. Failure to do so was a criminal offence under the Emergency
Powers(Defence) Bill and punishable in the courts.
A map from the 1830's showing the location of some coal mines in the
vicinity of 'Tyn y Flat', Trefdraeth.
Demolition work in progress on the old stables and vestry (lloft capel), at
Sardis Chapel, Malltraeth in 1991/92.
White Angels on the Drive, before it was re-developed, now known as Porth Huron.