All but one of these photographs were provided by Cyril and Barbara Jones of Fron. Many thanks.
Bodorgan Station is a grade II listed building. The line across Anglesey, between Llanfairpwll and Holyhead opened two years before the Britannia Bridge was completed. The design of this station is similar to the one at Valley.
This next view is looking west, taken in 1950, and the water tank was then in use. Note the buffers for the siding, seen extreme right.
The old signalling and track layout details survive in this diagram:
Just outside the railway station we used to have the Meyrick Hotel. An obvious place for a hotel - station and market just outside! Sadly Missed!
Beyond the Meyrick Hotel you can see some old buildings and then another substantial building. This was the Bodorgan Arms. The OS map for 1899 shows the two pubs next to each other, with a small patch of land between them. On this land there was a cattle and sheep market. This next photograph was taken in 1948 of one of these markets.
This aerial photograph - from a microlight - shows the station and the Meyrick Hotel today.
And even though the station is a listed building, it didn't stop Network Rail, in their eagerness to demolish the station, from stripping the slates off the roof. Fortunately, they were spotted in time by Sue Boddington who managed to get the demolition stopped. Network Rail gave us a nice new roof!