All of these photographs were provided by Cyril and Barbara Jones of Fron. Many thanks.
Photographs taken at the junction between what we now know as the B4422 and the road down to Trefdraeth. The first of these is clearly labelled 1st September 1908.
As you go through these pictures keep an eye on that telegraph pole and its array of crossbars. The telephone exchange at that time was on the road down towards the station, so this pole was carrying phone lines away from the exchange. As more people got telephones, the number of crossbars had to grow. It seems to start with 6 subscribers and expand to 10!
Another photograph taken about the same time:
Nearly the same view but later - the tree next to the terrace has been cut down, and the children's clothes are more modern.
The next two photographs were probably taken between the wars.
These next two pictures are really the same. but the second one is an enlargement of the two horse-drawn carts.